Get Inspired. Sign Up For a Class Today!
Practicing Mindfulness For Leadership, Awareness and Growth
From the Desk of Laura Juarez, Business Woman and Yogi
- What does that word even mean? January 9, 2018My favorite definition of reverence comes from Gary Zukav who defines it as this: “Reverence is engaging in a form and a depth of contact with Life that is well beyond the shell of hte form and into the essence. Reverence is contact with the essence of each thing, person, plan, bird, and animal. It is […]
- Why do we roll? January 2, 2018Roll out our mat, that is. What brings us to yoga is often not what draws us back. We come wanting, striving, reaching for wellness, inner peace, and connection. We come back to receive its gifts in a knowing that it is not about “doing yoga” but about allowing yoga to envelope us. And instead […]
- Where do you dwell? December 14, 2017One of my favorite quotes by Emily Dickinson is “Dwell in Possibility”. We typically see this as a stand alone quote, but it is actually the first sentence of a poem that ends with: “I extend the narrow width of my hand and I discover paradise.” Dwell in possibility. Extend the narrow width of your […]
- Off Center December 11, 2017Last night at our family meeting, I shared that my goal was to remain centered this week in the midst of busyness. I have a habit of looking at the fire vigorously blazing and throwing one or two irons in for fun creating a weekly calendar that could win the talent show for best costume; […]
- What is your funny bone anyway? November 14, 2017My grandmother used to always say “that tickles my funny bone.” And she had a carefree, easy laughter that sang joy in her space. And while her life certainly challenges her at times, her attitude and perspective were steadily, if not resolutely, positive. She feels deeply across the spectrum of emotions, and she taught me […]